Saturday, October 24, 2015

Revised Conclusion

This revised conclusion blog post will work a little differently because I have not written a conclusion yet. However, I have written some bullet points on what I wanted to be included in my conclusion.

M1-L3C. "ILLUSTRATION TITRE". 23 Nov. 2013. Public Domain. 

Conclusion:
Restate thesis in a new way, mention how the author used a unique format to knowing her audience (pictures)
mention how author could write freely because her opinion isn't widely popular/unpopular with anyone.

I will also attempt to utilize the technique of looking forward in my conclusion as I think people in my field will be arguing for/against stuff and utilizing rhetorical strategies in the future.

CONCLUSION:

It is important to understand how to craft a successful argument in the field of Architecture. It vital that students understand the impact the use of rhetorical strategies has on constructing an argument in the field of architecture, as a good argument shouldn't be ruined by the use of poor rhetoric. Karen Cilento felt it was necessary to provide an argument for the continued use of competitions for hiring in the architectural world, and by using rhetorical strategies such as appealing to her target audience and using specific examples to back up her argument she was able to convey her argument in a successful way. After reading her argument, readers are better informed about the positive impact architecture competitions have on the design world, and why it is important to embrace the negative side of them to reap the creative benefits they have.

This conclusion is more successful because it is an actual conclusion and not just bullet points on a page. I also tried to keep my target audience in mind and focus on the task of rhetorical analysis and not just the topic of the author's argument.

No comments:

Post a Comment