Saturday, October 31, 2015

Considering Types

In the following blog post I will consider what type of argument from the reading (position, casual, evaluative, proposal, or refutation) I  will use for my public argument project.
o5com. "Men Arguing". 25 Aug. 2010. Public Domain.

I will be using the CAUSAL ARGUMENT
This argument will "introduce" my audience to the "causes a specific problem" which is the problem of popular/well know architects abusing their creative power and designing projects that are really over budget and/or don't fit the parameters that clients have set in place. By pointing out the problem, I will be "able to also help [my] audience understand the potential solutions to the controversy as well"
I have to make sure to use examples and refute some architect's arguments for going over budget and straying from the parameters.

Using an argument type such as Position would not work because I am trying to convince my audience that they are doing what they are doing wrong, it is not as effective to approach this topic from a pro/con perspective.

Reflection: After reading Mehruba's Considering Types and Rhetorical Action Plan Along with Savannah's Considering Types and Rhetorical Action Plan, I found it interesting how they both chose a Refutation argument, however the link between their action plans and types of connections seem to connect. Comments made on my rhetorical action plan included praises for heavily considering my audience, so I feel like I am headed in the right direction for my project, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment