Saturday, October 24, 2015

Reflection on Project 2

In the following post I will write concise answers to the questions from Writing Public Lives. It is a reflection on my project 2 analysis essay.
GlacierNPS, "Reflection on Lake McDonald". 14 May 2012. Public Domain. 
1.  I specifically revised my introduction, my conclusion, and grammar issues throughout my text.
2.  I reconsidered the organization of my introduction and conclusion so that I was focusing more on the rhetorical analysis and less on the topic of the text I was analyzing. In my conclusion I made sure it gave some more insight into my analysis and wasn't just a summary of what I had already written. 
3. These changes were led by the blog posts along with keeping in mind my audience an the purpose of the essay, analysis of rhetoric. 
4. These changes increased my credibility as an author as my analysis had a clear purpose and provided considerable insight and knowledge. 
5. By focusing on the analysis of the argument, my audience can better understand how to craft a good argument rather than just understand the topic of the argument I was analyzing. 
6. I reconsidered sentence structure and style when I did my punctuation blog posts and realized I needed a greater variety in sentence structures. 
7. In having more variety in sentences my audience can focus and understand the points I am making. 
8. When I was writing, I had to strongly consider I wan analyzing the rhetorical strategies of the argument and not just the subject of the text I was arguing. I feel like I did a good job of keeping this in mind and my analysis stayed on the right topic. 
9. The process of reflection strengthens my identity as a writer because it points out all of the points that I have improved on in the process of writing for this project. It is encouraging to reflect on the improvements yet keep in mind that I can still work to become an even better writer.

Reflection:

After reading Kyle and Mika's Reflections I have learned that we all have found ourselves diving deep into understanding what the prompt really wanted us to do. We all evolved and improved so that our analysis was an analysis of the rhetorical strategies and not just of the subject of the argument. 

No comments:

Post a Comment