Sunday, September 27, 2015

Reflection on Project 1

In the following blog post I will reflect on project 1, the QRG.
GSE843. "Adaptation of the Rolfe reflective model". 12 Sept. 2010. Public Domain. 
Writing my QRG the biggest challenge I faced was providing enough information in the WRG that readers would learn about my controversy but not over doing it so that it would be hard to read and/or boring. peer editing helped me deal with these challenges.

I was very successful with conveying the architect's side and fears/concerns about the controversy. This was because I did quality research. 

I found that being straightforward and simple with my writing style conveyed the information the best in my QRG. As for design choices, the pictures I showed had both the people in the controversy and the topic of the controversy (the stadium) so they provided more information for my readers. 

I don't think that the Rules For Writers advice for style of paragraphs was very helpful for my project. The novel advised to do a longer paragraph style packed with information. I didn't follow this advise as I thought it better fit the conventions of a QRG to do short, concise paragraphs. 

This writing process style for this project was similar to high school in that we did peer editing on a rough draft. It differed from my high school writing experience in that it was in the form of an online blog post and that it was spread out between many weeks and many many writing assignments to turn in beforehand. 

The skill of research and creating an annotated bibliography will be extremely useful in my other coursework. Architecture doesn't necessarily include a lot of research based writing assignments, however when I do have to write, using an annotated bibliography is a new skill that will be very helpful.

Reflection on the Reflection

I viewed posts from Alyssa and Mehruba's Blogs. I agreed with the fact that writing an entire project online and in blog format was a new experience I haven't really done before. I couldn't relate to Alyssa's reflection on how her topic was broad and hard to narrow down to a QRG, but I appreciate how she worked it out and created a good QRG. This process has helped me plan better as a writer and it seems that my peers feel similar to how I feel, too. 

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree with you on how being straight forward was the best way for you to write your QRG. I felt like I was being over complicated on how I was phrasing some of my paragraphs, so I implemented that strategy and it tremendously helped me. I also agree about how this was such a foreign assignment as it was all done online, so getting used to it was easy but weird. I also agree that an annotated bibliography is helpful because it prevents you from doing more work on going back to the link and rereading it to refresh your memory.

    ReplyDelete