Saturday, September 5, 2015

Annotated Bibliography in MLA Style

Learning how to do an annotated bibliography is an important skill for undergraduate life and beyond. Below I have written an annotated bibliography for six sources I used while researching my controversy. Here is the link to the annotated bibliography. I used MLA format.

Reflection:
After viewing Dylan's bibliography that was also in MLA format, it was comforting as ours were very similar and we both had similar lengths of summaries. I also visited Alyssa's bibliography in APA style. I really appreciate how APA style included the entire URL to the sources, so she didn't need to keep a separate list of all of her source URLs like I had to. It seems like MLA is one of the most simple bibliography formats, however they all seemed to take a lot of time as a lot of information is provided.

2 comments:

  1. Your bibliography seems to be in the correct format according to the MLA style guide. Your annotations are a bit lengthy, but the amount of detail you put into them should help you sort through the sources easier while you work on your quick reference guide. I have experience with both MLA and APA, and I generally prefer APA, mostly because it is more appropriate for my major. The URL addresses are helpful too, but I believe the most recent APA style guides say to leave it out unless the sources cannot be located without it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you focused on perhaps the most important of MLA which is to summarize its purpose and context. I liked that your annotations were short and too the point, but I think you can go more in depth, specifically where you explain the source's use in your final product. That would certainly make it easier when organizing your final QRG. Your citations also look good, but I'd recommend spacing between each entry. Other than those little things, I'd say this was very well done.

    ReplyDelete